Bonuses of all types make gambling much more exciting. One of the most sought after bonuses is the free spin bonus. It provides a magic opportunity of winning some real money for free, i.e. without spending personal funds. As of now, the particular terms of getting free spins vary greatly from one casino to another. Commonly, spins are granted to players within the framework of different promotion campaigns or as a part of motivation welcome bonus for newly joined participants. In the following sections of our review, we’ll cover the types of free spins in detail.
Free Spins: What are They and Why do Casinos Need ThemEssentially, a free spin in a slot game is one rolling of the reels that you don’t pay for, while the prize (in case you get a winning combination) is real. You may wonder why casinos need it – at first sight it can seem they don’t get any profit from such a generosity. Of course, casinos are not philanthropic organizations, and they will never give you anything for no reason. The common reasons for granting free spins are the following:
- Promoting new games. Frequently, casinos are rewarded by the games manufacturers for advertising their products. Chances are some players after playing through their winnings will continue playing for real money just because they liked the game.
- Attracting new players. Free spins as a bonus are the best advertisement for a casino as it works as a magnet. Though of course, not all newly joined players will stay with the casino, even those one who will, can bring it much profit in the future.
- Retaining old existing clients. No casino wants its users to leave for its rivals. That is why various incentives are offered to players. For example a casino can award its best players with occasional free spin bonuses. To become the best player one needs to spend more on gaming. Of course, the casino makes profit on it.
What are the Limits of Free Spin Bonuses?Though some casinos are rather generous in the regard of awarding their customers with free spins bonuses, no one of them wants to go bankrupt one day. Suppose, you’ve taken advantage of your free spin bonus and suddenly hit a jackpot $10 000! Now, suppose, you are not the only player who did it. Paying out several thousand dollars to players that haven’t spent a penny can lead to major losses of the casino. That is why casinos set certain limits regarding the maximum bet size and the largest winning in the free game. To know the details you need to read Terms and Conditions of the bonus offer. For example, it can turn out that the maximum sum that you can win is $50 or $20. And still, it is live money that you can withdraw (usually after fulfilling certain requirements) or spend on further playing.
Types of FS BonusesFS (or free spin) bonuses can vary greatly depending on the casino’s policy. Here are their main types.
- No Deposit spins. Bonuses of this type are commonly granted to new players for a mere fact of opening an account (registration in the casino). The number of spins in this case is usually limited – 10-20, and the maximum possible winning rarely exceeds $50.
- Deposit spins. They are given for the fact of making a deposit. Usually, deposit free spins are granted for the first deposit only, though some casinos give some for the first deposit as well. Their number in this case can reach 100-200, and there can be no upper limit for the winning, but to convert the winning into real money one has to fulfill wagering (playthrough) requirements.
- Spins granted within the framework of a welcome package. A match bonus is a widespread bonus offer for newly joined casino members. But sometimes it is provided together with a package of free spins in order to motivate newcomers to activate the bonus and start playing.
- Spins for existing players. The number of spins and the terms of getting them are set by a casino in every particular case.